Do you want to use your coordination talent, administrative experience and communication skills to make room for the creative sector in Rotterdam? Do you enjoy working all-round in a small organisation and would you like to contribute to sustainable, affordable space for artists and creatives? Then we would like to meet you!
SKAR is immediately looking for an employee Letting (1 fte, 36 hours)
What will you be doing?
As a Letting Agent, your core task is to enable existing and future tenants to make optimum use of a workspace for their professional activities. In addition, you will
ensure that our buildings are rented out and remain rentable by coordinating maintenance activities. This means:
- You ensure that the rental process runs smoothly from A to Z and make adjustments where necessary;
- You organise the fast and adequate performance of daily or non-plan maintenance of the properties under your management, keep track of tenant repair reports and steer the efficient delivery of services;
- You are responsible for having periodic maintenance carried out and you identify when major maintenance is required;
- You maintain contact with various contractors and external parties;
- You evaluate quotes and invoices from contractors and manage the maintenance budget;
- You coordinate all work processes related to your premises, from the adequate delivery of work spaces, communication with (prospective) tenants, drawing up contracts and recording agreements with third parties;
- You work with various software packages (WISH, Exact) for analyses and make reports on the progress;
- You have contact with our tenants in a way that suits SKAR, deal with complaints in a timely manner and enforce agreements.
- You deal with complex questions from tenants and attend meetings if necessary;
- You offer vacant spaces in an efficient and creative way.
- In addition, you think along substantively about how workspaces and general areas in and around a building can function well;
- You are always on hand for overarching activities such as general communication with tenants and thinking along about improving work processes.
Profile employee Letting
We are looking for a proactive, independent and cheerful personality with the following qualifications:
- You have a college degree and at least three years of work experience;
- You have a hands-on mentality, stand firm and like to think in solutions;
- You have experience with prioritising and coordinating work;
- You are customer-, service- and quality-oriented;
- You communicate clearly and directly. You are able to say no when necessary.
- You work accurately and consistently. You are quick to learn new software packages and systems;
- Experience and affinity with sales is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with renting and leasing (business) space and the administrative work processes around it is a plus.
- working in a dynamic and developing organisation;
- cooperation in a small and close team;
- a nice workplace in the heart of Rotterdam.
SKAR largely follows the civil servants' collective labour agreement in its terms of employment. It follows the Cultural Governance Code and the Diversity and Inclusion Code. The position is valued in scale 9. The employment contract is entered into for the duration of one year and can be extended thereafter.
The Lettings Officer is part of SKAR's core team and falls under the direct management of the director.
Are you interested?
Please send an anonymous CV to Marianne Smitshoek via email@example.com, without name, date of birth and place of birth and without a photo, at the latest on Sunday 22 May. We would like to receive this information separately in the mail; we want to be guided by what you can do, not by your name or background.
A motivation letter is not necessary. However, we may ask you to prepare a case assignment. You will receive more information about this. Download the vacancy here.