SKAR is immediately looking for a Maintenance and Management employee (32 hours)
Do you want to use your talents in the maintenance and management of cultural property? Do you like a varied job in which you are challenged to monitor the entire process, from maintenance notifications to satisfied tenants? Do you want to contribute to sustainable, affordable space for artists and creatives? Then we would like to meet you!
What does SKAR do?
SKAR realizes workspace for the creative and cultural sector in Rotterdam. We manage and develop workspaces for artists and creative makers to work, meet and connect. We explore new possibilities to meet the growing demand for suitable and affordable space in the city. SKAR stands for more space for imagination, so that makers can experiment artistically and socially, let ideas grow, use their talents, develop new projects and be successful in them.
SKAR currently has 44 different studio premises in Rotterdam in its portfolio, of which 12 premises are owned and the others are under (long-term) lease. We manage these premises, carry out the (technical) maintenance and facilitate certain services for our tenants.
What will you do?
As Maintenance and Management employee, your core task is to coordinate and execute the entire process of maintenance and management. From notifications from tenants to inspections, from requesting quotes to supervising their proper execution. The goal is to enable existing and future tenants to make optimal use of a workspace for their professional activities. You independently coordinate all daily work processes around the premises, from carpentry or painting, maintenance of door fittings, leaks or other reports. You will also support your colleagues in more complex repairs and specific projects such as making our properties more sustainable.
- You ensure that the settlement of maintenance notifications to our tenants runs smoothly from a to z and make adjustments where necessary;
- You arrange the fast and appropriate implementation of daily or non-plan maintenance of properties and manage the efficient delivery of services;
- You can communicate well with various contractors and external parties and provide feedback to our tenants on progress;
- You evaluate quotes and invoices from contractors and manage the maintenance budget;
- You are responsible for the process monitoring and archiving of quotations, plotted orders and financial completion in a software package (WISH);
- You support colleagues with reports and monitor the maintenance activities;
- You process all administrative work processes around the properties accurately in our database;
- You have contact with our tenants in a way that suits SKAR, deal with complaints in a timely manner and enforce agreements.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, independent and upbeat personality with the following qualifications:
- You have strong communication skills, especially in dealing with and supervising subcontractors and suppliers;
- You have experience prioritizing and coordinating work;
- You are customer, service and quality oriented;
- You work accurately and consistently. You quickly learn new software packages and systems;
- You have a technical or architectural background;
- You are proactive in thinking of preventive solutions for possible technical problems;
- Several years of work experience in a similar position is preferred.
- working in a dynamic and developing organisation;
- cooperation in a small and close team;
- a nice workplace in the heart of Rotterdam.
SKAR largely follows the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CLA) for civil servants in its terms of employment. It follows the Cultural Governance Code and the Diversity and Inclusion Code. This position is valued in scale 8/9. The employment contract is entered into for the duration of one year and can be extended thereafter. The employee Maintenance and Management is part of the core team of SKAR.
Are you interested?
Send an anonymous CV, without name, date of birth or photo, to Marianne Smitshoek at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, October 2. We want to be guided by what you can do, not by your name or background.
A motivation letter is not necessary. However, we may ask you to prepare a case assignment for the first interview. You will receive more information about this.
Click here for the PDF: Vacancy SKAR employee Maintenance and management_sept2022_def