Vacancy Administrative Assistant
SKAR ASKS FOR AN ADMINISTRATIVE EMPLOYEE (32-36 hours)
Do you dedicate your administrative talent to the creative sector in Rotterdam? Do you enjoy working independently in a small but growing organization? Do you easily take initiative to achieve results together? Then SKAR is the place for you!
What does SKAR do?
SKAR realizes workspace for the creative and cultural sector in Rotterdam. We manage and develop workspaces for artists and creative makers to work, meet and connect. We explore new possibilities to meet the growing demand for suitable and affordable space in the city. SKAR stands for more space for imagination, so that makers can experiment artistically and socially, let ideas grow, use their talents, develop new projects and be successful in them.
Currently SKAR has 44 studio premises in Rotterdam, including the Laundry, STROMING and Makerdam. We are there for all creative makers in the city. Whatever they do and whatever their background, from visual arts to animation, from theater and music to fashion and much more. Because space for a resilient creative sector contributes to the cultural, economic and spatial success of Rotterdam.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for performing general administrative tasks for SKAR, with particular reference to financial and rental administration. You are the one we can rely on in terms of administrative support. You process the mail and you oversee what needs to be done when, pick it up and/or signal this. Tasks involving finances include checking and preparing payment batches, debtor/creditor administration for our tenants and checking and organizing accounting entries. You will work together with our administration office. Duties in the rental area include entering contracts into the rental management system and processing mutations relating to tenants, landlords and properties.
What we ask of you:
- Enthusiasm about what we do as an organization;
- You have at least three years of relevant work experience in the field of (financial) administration;
- You have experience with relevant software such as Microsoft Office, accounting programs (like Exact online) or you can demonstrate that you can quickly master this;
- Knowledge of and experience with working processes surrounding the rental and leasing of (business) space is not a requirement, but works to your advantage;
- You are accurate and precise.
As a person, you have a practical attitude and are focused on achieving results. You easily bring structure and overview to your own work. You like a challenge and enjoy working efficiently. You are helpful and take initiative within the team to get things done. You can focus well when you need to and at the same time deal with hectic or unpredictable work. You dare to trust yourself while being able to reflect on how you could do your job even better.
You have the following skills well developed: Results orientation, Attention to detail, Customer orientation, Planning and organizing, Cooperation and Initiative.
- Working in a dynamic developing organization;
- Collaboration in a small, fine and close-knit team;
- Contributing to space for imagination in the cultural sector;
- A beautiful, flexible, workplace in the heart of Rotterdam;
- The space and opportunity to educate yourself;
- Good terms of employment based on age and experience. SKAR largely follows the CLA officials in its terms of employment. It follows the Cultural Governance Code and the Diversity and Inclusion Code.
Are you interested?
Responding to us is a little different than usual. Therefore, if you are interested, please send an e-mail to Claudia van Popering at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, June 4, 2023 .
In response to your e-mail you will receive a number of questions and we look forward to your answers. We want to be guided mainly by what you can do, what your talents are and what excites you, not by your name or background.
Click here for job posting: Administrative assistant SKAR vacancy May 2023